Dec 1 2008
Went down San Diego to celebrate the holiday with Grandma and Grandpa. It was nice seeing them again. Even Uncle Eddie came by, and it’s rare I ever see him off the Reservation. As usual he went into a buncha stuff about our heritage. It’s weird to think that Grandma and Grandpa have told me stories about how all they wanted to do when growing up was get out of there. Must be strange to them that their son ended up going back. At least mom took advantage of them wanting to give their kids a better upbringing. I like Uncle Eddie fine sometimes, but man, there’s a time and a place. I honestly think this is why we visit the other half of the family for Christmas. If we’re going to be staying more than a few days I don’t think anyone else appreciates having Uncle Eddie around.