Nov 28 2011
Went down with my parents to visit the family down south for Thanksgiving. I was originally just going to ride down, but my mom still isn’t comfortable with me doing that. Whatever. Didn’t want to make her visit with her family awkward or anything. I guess Grandpa and Uncle Eddie had some sort of disagreement sometime this past year and aren’t talking. It was kinda weird with him not being there. We left a bit early and on the way out swung by the reservation to visit. We only stayed a few hours, but it was kinda nice to see him. I know he can be a bit eccentric, but he’s a good person at heart. He’s just really into his heritage and maybe a bit over the top when it comes to believing and preaching some of the old tales. I don’t really mind so much. I kinda like hearing them, brings me back to childhood. I’m gonna have to find that old book he got me. I got about halfway through reading different Coyote stories. I really enjoy ‘em.